- Skinny Bitch In Love 3/5 - I LOVED the original Skinny Bitch book (whilst it's got radical vegan pushin-isms goin' on). This featherweight read was entertaining BUT was not NEARLY as good as the original book. Every guy character in the book was brown haired, rich and gorgeous. Give us varieties, man.
- Flowers for Algernon 4.5/5 - HOW WAS THIS NOT IN THE HIGH-SCHOOL CURRICULUM. Amazing amazing amazing book. I don't want to ruin it for anyone. Worth your time. Would recommend.
- Brave New World 2/5 - Fahrenheit 451 > 1984 > Brave New World. It was underwhelming and left me nauseous. I mean, it made me feel something, which is good. Even though I could see the point, "oh we are all so consumed in things that don't matter and one thing led to another life is going to SUCK" the book was a bummer for me. I had high hopes for this one because it's kind of a classic and a "necessity" to read since it gets referred to so much, especially now because there are parallels from the book to our world. Huxley, the author, was not all wrong.
- BUT I disagree that our world will EVER be like that someday. I think that we are all looking for a purpose in life and we live not to merely exist (so cliche I know). And I believe that we will praise originality and innovation and appreciate differences. Always.
- Mockingjay 2/5 - Just watch the movie. The movie will be better than reading the book. In this book I realized I am old and can't be entertained by YA anymore. Or less eloquently, I'm too old for this shit.
- Perks of being a wallflower 2/5 - Also a YA, I actually remember loving this in highschool. Nope, not good. Just watch the movie, the movie is good.
- Zoolander 5/5 - Amazing. Loved it. Hilarious. Awesome. Would watch again
- Dead Poets Society 4/5 - This one is AWESOME as well. Robin Williams in School of Rock, but actually School of being really rad. Or something. I don't know. Lovely lovely film. Highly recommended.
- Frozen 4/5 - Not as good as Tangled but the graphics are phenomenal, highly recommend you watch it in 3D if you can.
TRUE DETECTIVE - Sometimes remind me of Breaking Bad. But I actually like it better than Breaking Bad. It's so ........ ugh I don't even know how to explain it. It's a work of art.
Game of thrones - Been on a HBO binge lately. Amazing amazing amazing, can't believe it took me this long to watch it.